Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyPrurigoTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
July 20, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyPrurigoTeam Member

Wow! Have you contacted the orthopedist as well as the manufacturer to determine if there have been any recalls? That would be my first call.

July 20, 2024
A MyPrurigoTeam Member

Oh my goodness!!! I thought I read it was recalled but I was hoping it didn't affect you. Have you asked for a Prednisone taper? Of course, after doing that, you would probably need to wait a bit to have the surgery due to coagulation effects. DuPuy used to be the premier hip replacement provider. This has to have shaken your confidence. It's a horrible situation that patients have to worry about what is going into their bodies.

July 21, 2024
A MyPrurigoTeam Member

Oh many were recalled…I have the one that was on recall. That was my second one because the first surgeon forgot to attach my replacement so everytime I walked it would work its way out and I would fall. It was also a Stryker which was one on recall as well. That was my right now my left was to be done in Feb. but due to all the sores…I don’t want to cause a major infection since the sores come from within.

July 20, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyPrurigoTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cumming, GA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In